Since the emergence of the SARS-CoV2 virus and its first detection in Côte d’Ivoire in March 2020, the country has recorded 87,891 cases and 830 deaths (November 2022). The Ministry of Health has taken various measures to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, including the authorization of COVID-19 vaccines AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Sinopharm and Johnson & Johnson (J&J). With some ambitious goals to vaccinate 70% of the Ivorian population, understanding the drivers of confidence and uptake of vaccines is essential for the response to COVID-19 and achieving this goal.
Breakthrough ACTION Côte d’Ivoire conducted a three-phase household survey of knowledge, attitudes and practices to inform risk communication and community engagement.
- All 3 phases carried out in Abidjan
- Phase 3, conducted in Abidjan and three inland sites
- Random sampling in clusters
- Data collected on tablets and
- extracted daily to be cleaned and analyzed