This page offers answers to questions about breastfeeding issues and COVID-19.
The questions include:
- Can COVID-19 be passed through breastfeeding?
- In communities where COVID-19 is prevalent, should mothers breastfeed?
- Following delivery, should a baby still be immediately placed skin-to-skin and breastfed if the mother is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19?
- Can women with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 breastfeed?
- If a mother confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 does not have a medical face mask should she still breastfeed?
- I have confirmed or suspected COVID-19 and am too unwell to breastfeed my baby directly. What can I do?
- I had confirmed or suspected COVID-19 and was unable to breastfeed, when can I start to breastfeed again?
- I have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, is it safer to give my baby infant formula milk?