Breakthrough ACTION developed the Gender Analysis Toolkit for Vaccine Response for RCCE actors working with national health authorities and other partners to develop, implement, and monitor a vaccine response. This toolkit provides practical guidance to identify gender related barriers that need to be addressed and identify opportunities that can be leveraged to enable a gender equitable vaccine response that increases coverage for all. While Breakthrough ACTION developed this toolkit based on improving uptake of COVID-19 vaccines, it is applicable for any vaccine response.
The toolkit includes:
- Evidence on the importance of considering gender in a vaccine response.
- Step-by-step guidance and tips for conducting a gender analysis.
- Worksheets to collect, organize, and analyze existing information and make recommendations across three RCCE pillars: RCCE systems for emergencies, Risk communication, and Community engagement.
- An illustrative gender analysis based on a country’s COVID-19 vaccine response.
- Additional resources for integrating gender in RCCE activities.
- Caroline Jacoby