Rules of communication during the COVID-19 pandemic
This is an electronic article published in an English news portal from Nepal on 13 June 2021. The articles argues that the communication during this global crisis is no longer just about getting people to abide by public health measures. The division within the society created by the secondary impacts of COVID-19 requires a broader communication strategy which takes into consideration the need to bridge the bonds between state and the citizen and between citizens themselves. The article outlines five fundamental rules of communication to be applied to COVID-19 response in Nepal which are
- Rule 1: communication is a mindset.
- Rule 2: communication is trust.
- Rule 3: communication is respect.
- Rule 4: communication is data.
- Rule 5: communication is self-reflection.
Source: Rules of communication during the COVID-19 pandemic