Overall objectives of the webinar discussion:
- Identifying challenges encountered by women and children during lockdown, and food and other essential items distribution.
- Faith leaders’ interventions in tackling domestic violence and gender-based violence (GBV) in communities.
- Providing faith leaders with other alternatives in tackling domestic violence and GBV during COVID-19 by providing with counseling, reporting violence cases and referrals.
- Harriet Chibuta, Executive Director of Young Women in Action (YWA)
- Salim Mohammed Salim, Muslim cleric and a gender activist
- Lieutenant Reverend Tshegofatso Beregane, Salvation Army, Botswana.
- Mpiwa Mangwiro-Tsanga, Regional Campaigns and Advocacy Specialist at Sonke Gender Justice.