GeoPoll conducted a remote study in 12 countries in sub-Saharan Africa on the effects coronavirus is already having on people throughout the region. The impact of the virus will have broad-reaching implications across all sectors, and while we could not cover every relevant topic in this study, we sought to use our experience conducting research for both international development groups and the consumer sector to include a wide range of topics.
Areas that are covered in this study include:
- Biggest concerns and perceptions of risk surrounding coronavirus
- Preventative measures such as social distancing and handwashing practices
- Changes in food market operability and food security
- Changes in consumer habits, including purchasing of food and nonessential items
- Levels of trust in governments and the commercial sector
- Information sources on COVID-19 and changes in media consumption