The International AIDS Society (IAS) is organizing a series of webinars on COVID-19 and HIV to discuss the pandemic and its impact on people living with HIV.
The IAS is pleased to invite you to the final webinar of this series brought to you by the IAS Educational Fund under the theme,COVID-19 and HIV: Adapting community-based HIV services during a pandemic, which will take place on 28 May 2020. This webinar will share and discuss how community-led HIV organizations pivoted their services to benefit their communities and the key and vulnerable groups that they support, highlighting practical actions implemented since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mitigating the impact of COVID-19 for key populations
Dr Chris Akolo, Technical Director of LINKAGES Project, Family Health International 360 – USA
- Adapting sex worker services during the COVID-19 pandemic
Surang Janyam, Founder and Director of Service Workers IN Group (SWING) Foundation – Thailand
- Maintaining harm reduction services during the COVID-19 pandemic
Anton Basenko, Country Focal Point: PITCH, Alliance for Public Health – Ukraine
- Ensuring access to HIV treatment in lockdown
Prof Mehdi Karkouri, President of Association de Lutte Contre le SIDA and Board Member of Coalition Plus – Morocco
- Taking HIV and related youth services virtual
Mather Mawodzeke, Head of Programmes, Africaid Zvandiri – Zimbabwe
- Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights services during the COVID-19 pandemic
Nisha Jagdish, Director of Gender and Rights Program, Family Planning Association – India
Moderator: Kate Thomson, Head of Community, Rights and Gender and Civil Society Hub, The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Please register to confirm your participation before 27 May.